- Ancient World History
- Can geography review be fun? Watch this!
- Early Man
- Early River Valley Civilizations
- Indo-European Migrations
- The First Age of Empires
- Ancient Greece
- Ancient Rome and Early Christianity
- Ancient India and China
- The Early Muslim World
- The Byzantines, Russians and Seljuk Turks
- Empires of East Asia- 600-1300AD
- Western Europe-The Middle Ages and Crusades
- The Mayans, Aztecs, and Incas- 900-1500 AD
- The Muslim Empire Expands-900-1500AD
- The Renaissance and Reformation
- Age of Global Exploration and Colonization
- US History
- English/Language Arts
- Modern World History
Western Europe-The Middle Ages and Crusades
Sorry, flash is not available.
Here we discuss the period following the fall of the Roman Empire in Europe, and before the Renaissance--The Middle Ages! Western Europe changed dramatically entering a period of feudalism when power was based upon control of land. There was a decline in culture, learning, and ultimately the Crusades as the power of the Church grows. Following the Crusades, however, a new period of trade and rebirth will emerge, ending the Middle Ages and leading to the Renaissance.