- Ancient World History
- Can geography review be fun? Watch this!
- Early Man
- Early River Valley Civilizations
- Indo-European Migrations
- The First Age of Empires
- Ancient Greece
- Ancient Rome and Early Christianity
- Ancient India and China
- The Early Muslim World
- The Byzantines, Russians and Seljuk Turks
- Empires of East Asia- 600-1300AD
- Western Europe-The Middle Ages and Crusades
- The Mayans, Aztecs, and Incas- 900-1500 AD
- The Muslim Empire Expands-900-1500AD
- The Renaissance and Reformation
- Age of Global Exploration and Colonization
- US History
- English/Language Arts
- Modern World History
The First Age of Empires
Sorry, flash is not available.
The first empires included the Middle and New Kingdoms in Egypt, as well as the Kush kings in Nubia. This podcast reviews these first empires including the Assyrians, the Persian Empire established by King Cyrus the Great and his successor King Darius, and the Qin Dynasty in China. The first emperor of China, Shi Huangdi and his legalistic autoctratic government is also reviewed. These early civilizations became empires as they expanded and conquered other lands.